A resource kit of lesson plans and guidance for comprehensive sexuality educators, Positively Informed provides a handpicked selection of some of the best English-language sexuality education materials out there. Intended to serve as a source of ideas, examples, and inspiration for educators developing their own sexuality education curricula, the lesson plans use creative, interactive, learner-centered teaching strategies, and are adaptable to diverse cultural settings. They address gender issues, challenge discriminatory attitudes and behaviors, and present sexuality as a positive part of life rather than something to be feared and shrouded in taboos. These lessons are appropriate for 10- to 19-year-olds and are classroom ready. Depending on the cultural context, level of community support, and students’ level of knowledge and experience, some may need considerable adaptation to be relevant and effective. Listed at the end of the book are references to additional recommended lesson plans.
The guide is 196 pages long, so we’ve broken up the PDF into chapters so you can grab the stuff you’re most interested in.
- Table of Contents, Preface, and Introduction
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Human Sexuality
- Chapter 2: Gender and Sexual Rights
- Chapter 3: Anatomy, Physiology, and Puberty
- Chapter 4: Reproduction
- Chapter 5: Sexual Orientation
- Chapter 6: Intimate Relationships
- Chapter 7: Sexual Behavior
- Chapter 8: Sexual Decision Making
- Chapter 9: Sexually Transmitted Infections and HIV/AIDS
- Chapter 10: Contraception, Part 1 and Part 2
- Chapter 11: Unintended Pregnancy and Abortion
- Chapter 12: Sexual Violence and Harmful Practices
- Additional Resources